PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 26, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spark Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ONCE), a fully integrated gene therapy company dedicated to challenging the inevitability of genetic disease, announced today that members of company management will present at the following February conferences:
European Association for Haemophilia and Allied Disorders (EAHAD), at the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Centre in Paris
- Katherine A. High, M.D., president and chief scientific officer, will participate in the Pfizer Corporate Symposium on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 2 p.m. CET
- Marcus Carr, M.D., head of clinical development, will present previously disclosed data during a presentation on “Preliminary Interim Data from Phase 1/2 Trial: SPK-9001 Adeno-associated Virus Mediated Gene Transfer for Haemophilia B Achieves Sustained Therapeutic Factor IX Activity Levels Without Repetitive Infusions” at the Hot Topics session on Friday, Feb. 3, at 12:30 p.m. CET
BIO CEO & Investor Conference, at The Waldorf Astoria in New York City
- Katherine A. High, M.D., president and chief scientific officer, will participate in a Fireside Chat on how Spark Therapeutics, a fully integrated gene therapy company, is creating a value-driven approach in a new field of science and technology on Tuesday, Feb. 14, at 12 p.m. EST
Additionally, company management will present at or attend the following investor conferences:
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey 2017 Orphan Drug Day in New York City on Tuesday, Feb. 14
- RBC Capital Markets Global Healthcare Conference in New York City on Thursday, Feb. 23
About Spark Therapeutics
Spark Therapeutics, a fully integrated company, strives to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering gene therapies that address inherited retinal diseases (IRDs), neurodegenerative diseases, as well as diseases that can be addressed by targeting the liver. Our validated platform successfully has delivered proof-of-concept data with investigational gene therapies in the retina and liver. Our most advanced investigational candidate, voretigene neparvovec, in development for the treatment of biallelic RPE65-mediated IRD, has received orphan designations in the U.S. and European Union, and breakthrough therapy designation in the U.S. The pipeline also includes SPK-7001 in a Phase 1/2 trial for choroideremia, and two hemophilia development programs: SPK-9001 (which also has received both breakthrough therapy and orphan product designations) in a Phase 1/2 trial for hemophilia B being developed in collaboration with Pfizer, and SPK-8011, in a Phase 1/2 trial for hemophilia A to which Spark Therapeutics retains global commercialization rights. To learn more about us and our growing pipeline, visit www.sparktx.com.
Investor Relations Contact:
Monique da Silva
Spark Therapeutics, Inc.